Saturday 16 November 2013

How to: Make cinnamon swirls just like Cinnabon!

My cinnamon swirls!
(they didn't last long)

Hi readers!
I made cinnamon swirls again yesterday, and I think they were the best ones I've made! Russ says they taste just like Cinnabon, and I can safely say there were none left by the end of the day! So i'm going to share with you my recipe and a link to a tutorial on YouTube I made for them you can find here. I was incredibly tired when I recorded the voiceover, and only realised how slurry and tired I sound after it had been uploaded and linked to everywhere -So I apologise for that :P 

The ingredients you will need are;

  • 1 sheet of Jus-Roll puff pastry (You can make your own, I'm just impatient)
  • 100g light brown sugar
  • 60g caster sugar
  • 40-50g of butter
  • 1 tablespoon of Ground cinnamon
First things first! Pre-heat your oven to about 220°c/200°c in a fan assisted oven, or Gas mark 7.

Now the method I use, Is to put all the ingredients (Except for the puff pastry) into a heavy based saucepan, and melt it all down to a syrup. I do this on a medium heat and keep stirring.

Once the butter is melted and the sugar is pretty much dissolved, I pour this over the (cold) rolled out puff pastry, and spread it out.

I then roll up the pastry, and slice the roll in about 2-3cm widths.

Place these slices sideways down onto a greased baking tray, (or you can use parchment paper)

Brush some milk over the slices, and round the sides.

Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes.

Now the icing is optional, I usually use about 3 teaspoons of icing sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence and milk until i get the right consistency for me, but in the video I ran out of vanilla essence so I used butter and a bit of boiling water and milk. You can make it however you like!

Drizzle over, and enjoy!


Comment below with any more recipes you would like, or if you have tried them and how they worked out for you! 

Louie x


No comments:

Post a Comment